Friday 26 March 2010

An Unpredicted Death

My mind was desolated when I heard the news,
I thought my grandma Mary I would never lose,
We hoped the crowd of police were for a rabble,
And the crying neighbours were a result of a violent grapple.

As we parked our car in an empty space,
My mother charged emotionally out and began to pace,
I sensed the horrible truth awaiting at the door,
Then she found my grandma lying on the floor.

I sink uncomfortably in my seat,
As my mother collapses outside and weeps,
My father sprints to cradle her head,
While my grandma rests in her celestial bed.

2 comments:

  1. I am soo in love with this poem Suzan, the way you expressed your feelings and emtions, so beautiful =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm thanks, i just thought of a scenario that happened in my life where it was memorable and saddening, and so i thought i'd make it into a nice special poem.. :)

    ReplyDelete