Thursday 1 April 2010

A Life Friend

You are always by my side,
Whenever I am feeling down,
You cuddle me gently,
To get rid of my gloomy frown.

Your cradling arms shield me,
Whilst your words are a lullaby to my heart,
My wilting body sinking with your tender touch,
Dreading the days of your absence that may tear us apart.

My descending tears are caught in your affectionate hand,
As you wipe them away, with your smile like a blossoming flower,
You rejuvenate my happiness as you pull me to stand,
And pat me gently as I regain my power.

Our friendship is sometimes jagged,
But you and I shall never untie,
Yet the ropes grow old and fraying,
May our omnipotent love never die.

5 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwww I feel so glad to have your friendship :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks mathu...... and i am more than happy for you to have full confidence of this poem being dedicated to you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete