Friday 19 March 2010

Unfulfilled Desire

You are the only one that can make me smile with eternal joy,
Where you radiate a desirable glow, glistening upon my lethargic body,
But now my love, hanging in the balance of this surreal scenario –shattering,
My silly grin, morphed into an adverse frown, resting heavily upon my brow.

As days, weeks and months pass, your gleaming smile fades under the darkened night sky,
Lying awake in bed at night, dreaming of an escape from reality into an endless fantasy,
Begging for harmony to caress us both with its hollow yet potent arms, to shield us from destruction,
One day, our star-crossed love shall soar passionately through the night unleashing our stardust love to be relished.

2 comments:

  1. I like this poem, very graphic and mystical almost fairytale like =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mulks... yeah like a fairytale, though unfortunately at times they do become reality.. :(

    ReplyDelete