Friday 12 February 2010

Profound Love

Love is a mellow sweet;
You let it linger in your mouth slowly melting – pleasurable,
You hide your angelic smile as if I am a forbidden fruit that you wish to indulge,
Yet from afar you ponder and wonder, yearning for me. I am sublime. A step too far that you are sceptical to take,
When we are near, you blush like a hot summer tomato, ripening at your every glance,
My emotions reined in, apprehensive of my next move as you judder towards me,
Our eyes intertwine, longer than a simple fleeting look, yet you disconnect yourself-
You think I am oblivious, unaware of your presence and your mannerism, but I am not, the silence converses louder than the drumming of our pulse,
For what I see before me is a man, living falsely in my ubiquity, eluding me… WHY?
Why must you become flushed, hesitant, anxious, and hasty? Why must you weaken as you stumble towards me?
You believe that I can’t see the way you gaze at me, yet when I raise my head you chortle at the ground,
Whether you are nurturing a broken heart or torturously waiting,
Love cannot be hidden or ridden.

6 comments:

  1. Suzan i love this poem.
    amazing:D..... you need to publish more..
    one day about me lol =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol there are so many lovely things to say about you Yas i don't know where i would possibly start ;) but i'll be definitely publishing more, and thanks, thats really sweet of you to say so :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWW SUZAN I LOVE YOUUU! <3..
    and now i am expecting a poem to be written about me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww love you too.... LOL. I will write one if you wish :D. Just have to pick out a suitable personality trait of yours to base it on :D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lool blesh you Suzan this is just so wowwww, loved every words of it!
    it makes me think of certain people who used to asked them questions to me !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol thanks, i do like this one, though it isn't my favourite... but i still love it and i'm glad you do :) + yeah i get your drift.. :)

    ReplyDelete