Friday 12 February 2010

False Hope

The blissful blistering fireball ravishes my light skin, bouncing off my radiating eyes,
Blue birds rejoice above my insignificant head, whilst they reach for the omnipotent sky.
I brush the delicate yet potent green feathers that sweep subtly against my bare legs,
Trees that shelter the fearless charge of the wind swoop tenderly over my mere body,

Shudder shudder.

Long-faced dilapidated buildings, now seemingly injected with ephemeral happiness,
The selfless cotton wools that bashfully drift through the light-hearted heavens,
Mischievous yet masterful, the impatient breeze prods assertively at my weakened back,
Beaming, I glide out to the edge of the descending towering cliffs and fall, numbly.

Shudder shudder.


Woken abruptly, I open my weary creased eyelids, peering sheepishly at the alarm,
As I stagger to the slit of my deteriorating curtains, to view another morbid day of harm.

4 comments:

  1. i luv dis poem......
    i think u should write 1 bout fwinds nxt time :D
    i soo proud of u....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Nive, yeah EVERYONE is asking for me to write a poem about friends.. some are asking for poems dedicated to the actual individual lmao. Wow you proud of me? Thanks man! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan,
    I know I promised to read your poems long time ago. well, to prove to you that I do keep my promises, i've just read your latest work,'False Hope' and I think it is amazing! I particularly enjoy the way it appeals to one's sense of imagination. Keep up the good work and I believe your work would take you places. Take care. Ciao.Dupsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thanks Dupsy :)... I'm really pleased to know that SOMEONE likes my poems LOL! xD But seriously, much appreciated :). Hope to see you too :) x

    ReplyDelete