Wednesday 27 October 2010

Farewell...

Now all your belongings are packed on one side of the room,
Memories are scattered around, your essence doesn't exist no more,
The room cold and hostile to the limit, emptiness demonstrating a fear,
A fear that I am losing you together with your smile and laughter,
Everything in this room saying “farewell” - please don't go...

Loneliness is unbearable; pain is no different than non-existence.

Remember,
We loved this colourful world together.
Remember,
The first kiss we had on a spring day, on the corner of the street.

You have forgotten to put the tea leaves in the pot, pouring ice water in an empty cup,
Now, the lights are out, darkness is all around and dead silence is within the room,
As though time has finally stopped.

A small table on the corner with empty glasses,
Wishing... for you to walk through the door,
Closing the door behind as though you would not go away,
Holding your hand and sitting around the table,
Let's have the drink together for the last time.

I know your eyes are telling me this is the last time,
Let's have a drink, just you and me for the sake of our love,
Love that we couldn't depart from,
Let's break the glasses trading with my heart instead,
This is the heart I know will never heal again,
But my love will always be there in a shell, untouched, shielded and pure.
So lets break the glasses and you are away...
Farewell my love, farewell...

3 comments: