Wednesday 14 July 2010

My Dislocated Heart

The silence walks hastily along the blackened corridor as my inaudible footsteps stroke the hardened floor,
My discoloured eyes twitching as I slowly approach the primordial door, my sweating hand pulsating uncontrollably,
Gradually turning the flaking knob, I trembled into the icy room, erratically shaking – stunned.
She, my safety net, advisor, guardian, angel of life, was resting beneath my numbed feet... motionless.

I stood there, breathless and distort beyond my imagination, whilst her saintly pasty face gazed at me,
Her eyes, ample yet warming, gawped emptily at me, the feasting flies masticating on her yellowing face – diseased.
The youthful moisturized hands that she once bore, were now wrinkled inelastic and deteriorated,
I place my warm-blooded hand upon her drained cheek; her rosy cheeks are to be no longer, her blood syringed.

I released an isolated tear from my diminished eye, rapidly becoming strenuous at the excruciating sight I clutch in my arms,
The sheer torturous pain of losing a mother that you can never apprehend again dawns upon me like a black cape drowning me,

At this distressing moment of time, I place her head on the bloody pillow beside her, allowing her soul to rise above the earth,
And that of her plastic shell that disfigures on the rigid floor, it flakes between the vast cracks, transforming into mere worthless dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment